Automate your weekly summary report from SharePoint List (Image Edition)
From time to time, you might be asked to create a summary report. A summary report can be time consuming and repetitive. In this article, we are going to automate the process of creating and sending a summary report via email
Before we get started, I would like to highlight that this article only focuses on using data from SharePoint List to create a weekly summary report and our data structure for this article looks like this:
Free Resource Download
I have also uploaded a copy of the flow here for you to download if you get stuck.
- Set a schedule in Power Automate
- Get Items from Data Source (SharePoint List)
- Create a table header using HTML
- Check if a row has attachments
- If yes, create table rows in the HTML body and get file attachments for the image column
- If no, create table rows in the HTML body
- Send an email
- Add borders and colours to the table headers and cell
Set a schedule in Power Automate
Let’s get started by creating a scheduled cloud flow in Power Automate. Give your flow a name and set the frequency that you would like Power Automate to run. In this example, we will be setting it to run every Friday at 6:30 am. Once you are done, hit the Create button
By default, Power Automate follows the UTC timezone. To change the time to your timezone, select Show advanced options.